Thursday, December 5, 2013

Just a Few Poems



         More Letters From Paradise

             Just a Few Poems
              New  Poems
       Once I built a bridge 
       my tools were only
       a dulled hatchet
     and grim determination 
     A whole grove of young 
        poplar trees 
         were slain
      and placed across
        the stream
       which did not 
       reach my knees
      Many Years later 
        I visited
        my bridge
    and noted in the snow
      it had met the 
      the approval of 
    two rabbits and one
           fox

       Impossible

    I could only
      discribe
     the beauty
    of the lilacs
    but not capture
    its sweet scent    

       Old Poems

       Notre Dame
       Velvet darknes
       pricked here
        and there
    by lighted candles
    Jewel-like windows
     glow in the dark
      Water is cold 
      to my fingers
     while the sound 
     of my foot steps
      are offered up
    into the darkness

        July 4th

    Bright displays
    filled the sky
    tiny fireflies
     could not
     compete     
    but blinked
     victory
    on into the
      night 

            Aloha
            Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment