Thursday, December 5, 2013

Featuring Connie


          Featuring Connie

     Her husband and I were hard at work watching the football game, and she waltzed by.  She said that she enjoyed my writing, but complained that she was not often mentioned.  I agreed to mention her in the future. "I want to be featured."  So as Humphrey Bogart once said, "Here's to you, kid."

      So now may I introduce to you Mrs. Connie Davidson. (trumpets and drums) As this is a feature all about Connie, I will try to avoid using the names of all other persons.
      First, some of the boring stuff. She and her husband are from Nashville, Tenn. That is one of those places where they play hillbilly music, make moonshine, and marry their cousins.
       Connie is a retired first grade teacher. And she drinks Scotch. Even cheap stuff in a pinch. That is probably why she does. She has long been married to a nice guy whose name I can't mention because this is a feature story. I can't  mention their great two boys, again because this is a feature.
      If we were living in a bee hive, she would be a worker bee.  And if you, or anybody else you know, wants somebody who is an expert at removing wallpaper, she is the one.  When she starts something, she carries it on to the end. She and her husband are both "beach bunnies."  Fun in the sun people. But why not? How many beaches and palm trees can you find in Nashville?  In her spare time she cooks and creates jewelry. Really pretty stuff. My wife (no name), says that she has a really good eye as to decoration.  Recently, a woman of our tribe moved into her new dwellings.  The whole tribe members (names deleted) pitched in to help her move. The finishing touches including hanging pictures, moving furniture, lifting and hauling, was, with the exception of a huge cupboard, carried on by tribal females. Connie's husband and I continued on with the football game.
      Connie has a unique gift. She is able to visit the Goodwill thrift store and come out with terrific finds.  When was the last time you found a bit of Tiffany jewelry?
And now as I close this feature presintation (violins playing softly) I must simply say that if you have Connie as your friend, you have found something special.

             Aloha
             Grant
 

No comments:

Post a Comment