Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Letter to my Grandchildren



           More Letters From Paradise
         A Letter to my Grandchildren

    By the time you are old enough to read and understand this letter, I will have been dead for many years. I want to leave you with some of my thoughts. First,you are fortunate to have been born in the United States of America. You have inherited the great beauty, and riches of this, your country. But you have also inherited many problems, which my generation created, and failed to solve. 
    In order to solve these problems,I urge you to gain a good education, and help to elect wise leaders. In order for Democracy to work, it requires the participation of its citizens. Vote with your head, and do not listen to demagoguery. 
    I urge you to take care of your health. Life is short, and life is precious. I would also hope that you taste the delights of classical music, the art of the masters, and the great literature of Western Civilization.
    Travel widely, learn a foreign language.Exercise daily, and pay attention to your spiritual life. 
    You will see in your lifetime, great advances in science and medicine. In this, I envy you. In closing, I give you my blessings, and wish you well. 
                Grandpa Smart

             Aloha
             Grant  

No comments:

Post a Comment