Saturday, October 11, 2014

Things People Have Told Me


      More Letters From Paradise
      Things People Have Told Me
When we (Army) told the village elder that that they would drill some wells for water, so that his people would not have to walk twenty miles for water, he refused saying"What then would I have them do?"

We were talking about airline travel. The woman speaking was from Germany, and is about my age. She said" I never go flying anymore." Every so often when I hear the sound of airplane engines, I am reminded of planes, bombs going off, buildings falling." "I saw a lot of bad things, dead people."

Vehicle inspection. " I'm sorry but I can't let you pass because you have rust holes in one fender." "What does that have to do with the safety of my car?" "Well, you see if some kid sticks his finger in those holes he might get cut." "What if I taped them over with some Duct-Tape, would that pass?" "Yes it would."

       Aloha
       Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment