Tuesday, September 1, 2015

From the Back of the Plane


      More Letters From Paradise
      From the Back of the Plane

I am sure that many of you remember when commercial flying was fun. Wide seats with wide armrests, free food served in coach class, and free movies.

In the good old days, Pan American, T.W.A. and other airlines carried passengers who were all well dressed, and were treated accordingly. Remember? Smoking was viewed as alright too. (cough cough)

Teena and I just returned home from a visit to the mainland. We flew both ways aboard Alaska airlines. The plane was the new Boeing 737 800 and 900 series. They are real happy with their new aircraft, but we are not! I would just like to get my hands on those designers and have them squeeze into their new slim, little padding, tiny armrests, and take a long ride and see how they would feel later. They have stretched the plane so more more passengers can be carried. Do I sense a profit motive here? Also the center aisle must be only fourteen inches wide, because the cart traveling  up and down it must be all of twelve inches wide. And if you are seated in an aisle seat, you are bumped repeatedly.

Some sort of I Pad is available to rent for $10.00. Restrooms up front and three in the rear of the plane for the rest of the herd.

In all fairness, I should mention that the prices for both food and drink are reasonable.  

In closing this rant I feel I should mention that you can avoid $25. per bag fee until boarding boarding when they will check it for you with no charge. But  I will have to admit that the plane carried us safely both ways, and isn't that what it is supposed to do?

      Aloha
      Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment