Friday, November 6, 2015

Chicken Foot


      More Letters From Paradise          
           Chicken Foot
In order for you the reader to better understand  what happened, please remove your shoes and socks. Take a good look at your feet. Does the toe next to your big toe extend beyond it? If it does, you have a condition known as "Morton's Foot." Congratulations, if you do. The ancient Greeks thought that the condition was beautiful. Take a good look at the feet of a Greek statue and you will see what I mean. We should all have pity for the rest of the population who have only duck feet.

But I freely admit that if I had duck feet instead of beautiful toes, it might not have happened, and I would have escaped injury.

It all took place last night during an excellent dinner given by our friends Connie and Ray Davidson. Connie opened the top freezer door and sent a frozen chicken breast directly on the top of my beautiful toe. Oh the pain, the anguish! Should I sue? What about their insurance? Will that cover it? Thoughts raced through my mind. If I decide to sue, shouldn't it include Gordon and Penny, as it was their chicken breast? After some more thought, I just decided to drop the whole thing. Besides, it was a really good dinner. But I can't help wondering if I had duck feet, would the frozen chicken breast have missed me?

      Aloha
      Grant
 


No comments:

Post a Comment